Article selection criteria
These are the questions Kim asks as he skims and reads more than 150 articles that arrive each week and decides which to summarize:
- Might this article help improve teaching, leadership, and learning?
- Is it convincing, with evidence of positive impact?
- Is it actionable for front-line educators?
- Does it have promising new ideas, or helpfully reprise vintage ideas?
- Are there cautions about unwise and ineffective practices?
- Are there vivid, convincing stories from schools?
- With turnaround descriptions, do the authors describe errors and setbacks?
- Are there lively and authentic quotes from students, educators, or parents?